- 1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 1 (16 ounce) container prepared cream cheese frosting
- Prepare the cake mix according to package directions using any of the recommended pan sizes. When cake is done, crumble while warm into a large bowl, and stir in the frosting until well blended.
- You are suppose to use a melon baller to scoop out the mixture, but I make them a bit bigger. I use my hands and scoop about 2 tablespoons of mixture and roll into a ball.
- Lay the balls on a cookie sheet, lined with parchment paper. Once all of the cake balls are rolled, put in the fridge or freezer for an hour.
- Take cold cake balls and dip in Mint Chocolate Ganache. Place the dipped balls on cookie sheet with parchment paper, put in fridge until ready to serve. (These will taste better the second day, once the ganache has really set. If you make them the day you are serving, make sure you have at least 3-4 hours, once dipped, to refrigerate.)
Mint Chocolate Ganache
- 16 ounces chocolate chips
- 2 cups heavy cream
- peppermint extract (I add to taste, til it is as minty as I like it:)