If you like eggnog, there’s really nothing not to like here. Got this recipe from here.
For the Biscotti:
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp rum extract
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
For the Glaze:
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp eggnog
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- In mixer, beat butter with granulated sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat well before adding the next one.
- Add rum extract, flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Shape dough into two 12in x 2 x 2in rolls. (Square the corners and the top)
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 28-30 minutes.
- Remove. Allow to cool about 10 minutes. Slice biscotti into 12-14 slices (about 3/4-1 inch each). Turn them on sides and put back in the oven. Bake 20 minutes.
- Remove and cool completely before adding glaze.
- For the glaze, whisk the powdered sugar, eggnog and nutmeg together until desired consistency. Drizzle on cooled biscotti.
- Allow to set (about 20-30 minutes) – or refrigerate to “speed set” the glaze.