Chase LOVES Legos! He wakes up every morning thinking about what he wants to build, or what needs to be fixed. He goes to bed at night talking about what he made and planning what he will make tomorrow. And, he is good at it! I am always so impressed to watch him build these amazing cars and trucks- pretty amazing for a 4 year old.
So, for Chase’s 4th birthday Chris made Chase his own Lego Birthday Cake! It looked really cool, but, it tasted even better! This is the best chocolate cake EVER! So rich, dense and moist! Perfect! He found it on the Hershey website, I know, too obvious!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup HERSHEY’S Cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round baking pans.
- Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely. Frost with “PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE” CHOCOLATE FROSTING. 10 to 12 servings.