Every year we get so many pears on the pear tree and of course, they’re all ripe at once. So last year I tried to figure out something I could make will all these pears! Well, after some searching, I found this recipe and this one is pretty much the same.
- 4 cups peeled, cored and chopped pears
- 1 3/4 cups white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 egg whites
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Chop your pears up into 1/2 inch cubes. Combine the pears and the sugar and let stand for an hour. The pears should be broken down pretty well at this point.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Spray a 10 inch bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Slightly beat the egg whites and combine them with the oil, chopped pecans and pear mixture.
Bake at 325 degrees F for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before removing form pan. After it cools, sift some powdered sugar over the top. Enjoy!