- 1 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (cheddar or mozzarella)
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 3 tbsp diced cold butter
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Whisk together dry ingredients. (Almond flour, salt, pepper, and baking powder)
- Mash your butter into the almond flour until it’s crumbly sandy mix. (Use a pastry cutter if you have one or a rubber spatula).
- Dig a well in the center and add the cream and egg.
- Combine the almond flour into the wet ingredients being careful not to overwork it.
- Fold in cheese.
- Form dough into 4 big balls (for sandwiches, make 6 regular size for dinner biscuits) and lay on parchment paper.
- Bake for 20 mins.
This recipe can make 6 medium size biscuits and the breakdown for that is
296 Calories; 27g Fat; 10g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 4 net carbs
4 large biscuits breakdown
443 Calories; 41g Fat; 14g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 5 net carbs
By Gourmet Girl Cooks Adapted from Gourmet Girl Cooks